When you are expecting a new little addition to your family you get a lot of wanted and unwanted parenting advice.
Not to mention the list of must-haves you need to get. When I was pregnant I would get at least 3-5 different parenting advice, tips, and truths. Many I took to heart and others not so much.
Being pregnant the focus is mostly on the soon-to-be mom and the new arrival. From a swing for the baby and a breast pump for the new mom a very important person (who made it even possible to have a baby) gets left out.
What about the new dad?
12 Perfect Christmas Gifts For A New Dad (or-dad-to-be)
My husband and I have looked back to the time when I found out I was pregnant, to the baby shower, the birth of our daughter and her whole life to realize we #1 are very blessed and #2 we have used every item and more than we were gifted or purchased ourselves.
These 12 daddy items below are perfect gifts for Christmas, Birthday, Father’s day, or simply because you love him.
When you are adding items to your Amazon Registry make sure to include these dad gifts. If your baby is already here then make sure to add these dad gifts to your Christmas gift checklist!
1. Daddy And Baby Outfit
Besides matching daddy and baby shirts being mouth droolingly adorable daddy will appreciate an extra shirt that he can throw on. Plus it’s a win-win situation since babies spit up constantly you will have a perfect gift for both of them such as these-Daddy and Baby Matching Shirts.
These shirts come in many colors. You can pick daddy’s favorite color and he will love it even more.
2. Fussy Baby Survival Kit
Women are known to read instruction manuals more than men. It is in moms nature to be nurturers so they often pick up on baby’s cues before daddy. As new parents, it can be a really big wake up call when you get your baby home from the hospital.
When you feel like you have a handle on being parents when all of a sudden your baby starts crying and he is not hungry, he has been burped, changed and given a binky. You look at each other for answers but only to find out that you’re both clueless.
As parents you know it is your job to fix what’s wrong but that is hard when you don’t know what is wrong.
Here is a little piece of advice. Read the manual.
Yes, I know babies don’t come with manuals. But in this case, there is a manual that is perfect for any new parent. It is called The Happiest Baby On The Block!
If daddy is not a big reader you can get the DVD version! This book is perfect to add to dads baby survival kit.
Other items you can add to dads fussy baby survival kit is:
- Swaddle Blankets: These blankets mimic the cozy feeling of the womb which helps to calm a fussy baby. Don’t bother trying to teach dad to swaddle the baby with a baby blanket no matter how tight daddy get’s it most babies tend to break free. Save yourself the trouble and make it easier for daddy and go for the Swaddle Blanket/Sack.
- Travel White Noise Machine: Having a white noise machine is a must-have item anyways. Having a travel one is perfect to get daddy. If daddy is running Arends with the baby or watching the baby to give momma a break having a traveling white noise machine can help keep baby calm and asleep.
3. Baby Carrier
I use to think baby carriers were pointless. We have two arms we can carry the little bean around. Truth is we carried around our little bean a lot and our arms got tired! Using a baby carrier made life easier! We were still able to carry our bean around but have two arms free!
You want to purchase a good baby carrier that fits comfortably for mom and dad. There are a lot of baby carriers to choose from. I recommend going to a baby store and trying on different baby carriers to see which one fits the best. My sister gave us her Baby Bjorn Carrier she had with her kids and it was amazing! We loved going on walks and it was easy to put our baby in the baby carrier and be on our way.
Getting the new dad a baby carrier is a perfect gift since the dad will be able to carry the baby but have two hands-frees to get things done!
4. Memory Of Us
Mom is usually the one who fills out the baby book and records all the baby’s “firsts” but a new dad can have their own ways to record special moments.
It comes with the sweetest poem and all dad needs to do is add a photo of him and the baby. This is a simple but very special way daddy can save his favorite memory which makes for the perfect Christmas gift!
5. Dad Bag
Moms usually like the cute and stylish diaper bag which can make dad feel a little embarrassed if he ends up carrying it.
What if you can’t afford two diaper bags? How do you keep them stocked all the time?
(Truthfully we have made many emergencies stop at the local grocery store because we either forgot to pack something, we ran out of it, or needed extra of something.)
Instead of getting two diaper bags and worrying about making sure all are stocked at all times, compromise on one that you both like and won’t be embarrassed to carry around.
Here are a few options that aren’t too masculine or feminine:
- Ogio Apex Rucksack– This is the bag we have. It is not technically a diaper bag it is a regular backpack but it works perfectly for us! The inside is very spacious and there are a lot of pockets. Tucker isn’t embarrassed to carry it around and neither am I!
- Skip Hop Diaper Bag Backpack– This is another cute and manly diaper bag. My favorite thing about this bag is that it comes with stroller straps which makes it easy to clip the diaper bag right onto the stroller.
- Bag Nation Diaper Bag Backpack-This diaper bag also has stroller straps and lots and lots of pockets. Plus it is also water-resistant so you don’t have to stress too much if it gets a little wet. Since it is grey it will easily go with any outfit!
6. Daddy Bedtime Books
Daddy bedtime books are a perfect gift to help baby and daddy bond with one another. Plus books give dad his very own library of cute books he can read at bedtime.
Here are some of the cutest daddy books:
As a new mom, you will have a lot on your mind. You will be trying to figure out how to breastfeed and if breastfeeding doesn’t work you’ll be trying to figure out which formula to buy that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
With all of that plus 10 other things that will be on your mind, the last thing you will want to spend time doing is cleaning bottles.
Tucker was super helpful at washing bottles so that when we needed one I didn’t have to set down a crying baby and try to wash and sterilize a bottle.
To help daddy (and you) have an easy way to clean and sterilize bottles here is what you’ll need:
- Baby Brezza Baby Bottle Sterilizer and Dryer Machine– This machine is AMAZING! it makes life so much easier. After washing the bottles out you put them in this machine and it will sterilize and dry the bottles. It fits up to 6 bottles of different sizes so you will always have clean bottles on hand. Check out Baby Brezza Baby Bottle Sterilizer and Dryer Machine
- Philips AVENT BPA Free Bottle Brush– We got a bottle brush and kept it separate from our regular dish brushes. Doing so was easier to keep track of and to make sure we didn’t use the bottle brush for dishes. This is a great bottle brush that is BRA Free!
8. Strollin Stoller
For the first few weeks or months before you go back to work (if you do momma), you will be home a lot with your baby. Some days will seem very long before daddy get’s home and you get a break.
What can you give daddy to help save you and keep your sanity?
A stroller! Get an awesome stroller for dad so that he can easily pop the baby in the stroller and go for a walk to give momma some space and alone time.
Here are a few great strollers for daddy:
- Pockit Lightweight Stroller– This stroller folds up super small so it makes it easier to store and pack around. It holds children up to 6 months old so it will last you a while until you need to upgrade!
- Lightweight Baby Stroller with Reversible Handle– One thing I love about this stroller is that the handle is reversible. So when your baby is tiny they can be facing you and once they get older and wants to look out you can switch the handle! It also has a big canopy cover to protect your baby from the elements.
- Babyroues Black Newborn to Toddler Baby Stroller– I am all about convertible products. We got our daughter a 4-1 crib so it will become a bigger bed as she grows. Just like this stroller, it can go from newborn all the way to toddler!
9. Daddy’s Diaper Duty Device
This is more of a funny gag gift that you can get for daddy. This device holds all the necessities for diaper changes. It is like a toolkit belt but a diaper belt for dad. To help dad at the most you want to be as organized as possible so that daddy can find all the right items!- Here you can check out Daddy’s Diaper Duty Device!
One thing we are going is to write letters to our daughter on every birthday. Once she is 18 we will give her all the letters we wrote over the 18 years of her life. My parents did that for me and my sibling and those letters I still treasure today.
11. Baby Onesies About Dad
There are some of the cutest and funniest onesies that are about dad. Whether you are having a boy or a girl each onesie will be special to dad which makes for the perfect gift.
12. A Special New Daddy Keychain
This gift is a perfect stocking stuffer gift for the new dad – Daddy Est. Keychain. It is small but special to remind dad that he is special and that nothing is better than becoming a dad!