BIRTH STORY DETAILS
Details to include in your Birth story:
* What number baby this is for you (optional)
* Brief info about your journey to getting pregnant (fertility treatments, previous losses, unplanned pregnancy, etc.)
* How you felt when you learned you were pregnant?
* What concerns/fears did you have as you thought about your upcoming birth?
* If having a vaginal birth, did you consider pain medication? Why or why not?
* Who was with you during your birth?
* Timestamps from your birth, if you remember. Can be given in list form:
- Contractions started at 1:00 a.m.
- Water broke at 2:45 a.m.
- Arrived at the birth center at 10:00 a.m. and was already 6 centimeters!
- Started pushing at 1:00 p.m.
- Baby was born at 2:25 p.m.
* Any details about your sweet baby you’d like to share: Weight/height Gender Name Anything you want to share! More information the better since it helps other moms feel like they are not alone!
* What surprised you most about your birth?
* When you look back at your birth, what did you love the most?
* Was there anything you wish you could change about your birth?
* What about your birth makes you feel the most empowered?
What were the first 24 hours after birth like for you?
* If you could give an expectant mama one piece of advice, what would it be?
If you have any pictures or videos that you’d be willing to share across our platforms, of your pregnancy, labor, birth, postpartum, newborn moments. We encourage you to send them with your article to help tell your story.